US manufacturing company. Manufacturer of stainless steel sinks, faucets and kitchen cabinets.
Oracle OTM Cloud Progress based Decade
Downer’s Grove – Illinois
File-based integration with Oracle OTM on the cloud with in-house custom ERP system – Decade.
- Integrate cloud-based Oracle OTM with custom ERP – Decade.
- Integration needs to be bi-directional exchanging of information on a periodic basis (batch mode).
- Design needs to incorporate one-time guaranteed delivery of the message.
- No middleware is in use at Elkay.
- Designed a solution leveraging an intermediate shared directory for the exchange of information between Oracle OTM and the On-Premise Decade system.
- From Oracle OTM, information is downloaded to a shared directory which is then processed by inbound programs in Decade.
- Outbound programs are written, For uploading information to OTM, which creates an XML file and stores the file in the shared directory.
- Credentials for both systems are in respective programs, and only shipping information is exchanged.
- Reverse proxy is used to avoid any security concerns.
- Cost-effective XML-based integration was adopted to meet Elkay’s needs.
- Ability to reprocess a particular order on a need basis is also available.